Teacher Assistant Resume Tips
Finding a job as a teaching assistant requires proof that you have a passion for children and helping others grow. Focus on your organizational and time management skills, as well as your creativity and patience.
Teacher Assistant Resume Highlights – Skills and Responsibilities
Show special skills that demonstrate how you can back up a teacher and help facilitate a safe, organized and productive classroom. Elaborate on your skill by drilling into the specifics of related job duties:
- Time Management
Teacher Assistant Resume Highlights – Success Stories
- Share unique examples that show how your on-the-job experience sets you apart:
- Training you have completed and applied – you are in the business of education!
- Creative and flexible approaches to common classroom situations
- After school programs that you’ve played a role in
- Organization: Assisted lesson plans and activities for science, English and math subjects
- Leadership: Oversaw after school program and distributed/scheduled snacks
- Creativity: Created multiple games for recess and ran rainy day activities
- Led launch of after school program that grew by 78 percent over two years
- Recognized by principal for assisting in classroom that had the one of the highest state test scores
- Created multiple types of games to assist with the learning process that has been used by teachers across the school